[hello monday]

Monday again! I'm linking up with Lisa Leonard here to say hello to Monday.

I used to dread Mondays, but not anymore. I no longer have "Sunday night syndrome," as it's known in our house. You know that feeling that creeps up on you on Sunday night, weighing you down with the knowledge that you have to wake up in the morning and go log 8-ish hours at a job you less-than-love? Since assuming my new line of "work," I can honestly say I no longer feel that way on Sunday nights. I am just as happy and content every night of the week, and that is a feeling of freedom.

Hello stacks of Christmas cards finally making it into the mail. Can't believe how late we were getting them out this year. We can't even pass them off as New Year's cards; they proclaim "Merry Christmas!" in unmistakable holiday green & red boldly across their fronts.

Hello everyone staying healthy. Still have flu vaccines on the to-do list for one of our two kids, but so far, no major illnesses. Knock on wood.

Hello warm weather - and excuse me. I would like to know what is UP with having no snow in January. In northern Michigan. Is it global warming? Just a weird winter? (Though now that Christmas is over, I do rather like seeing bare pavement.)

Hello new babies in 2012. Three of my friends are bringing precious new lives into the world this year. In fact, one sweet little peanut already made his debut over the weekend. There is nothing better than a warm snuggly newborn!

Hello planning a buying trip to Chicago at the end of the month. I love Chicago and I love the excitement and possibility that comes with each trip to a new show. Definitely one of the most fun aspects of my job.

Hello sketching out ideas for a Valentine's display window - so many ideas swirling around my head, the challenge will be executing one of them. I get so caught up in planning sometimes that before I know it, I find myself at the 11th hour with a boatload to do. I am trying to plan my windows the way other people plan out their blog posts, and hopefully that will help corral some of my creative ideas and actually put them into being.




No comments:

Post a Comment